The spreadsheet program included in Office
Within the Microsoft Office suite, Word and Excel are surely the two most popular applications among users. If the first of them is the text editor and processor par excellence, the second one of them is undoubtedly the most used spreadsheet program in the world, both in domestic and professional fields.
With Microsoft Excel installed on your PC you'll be able to work with different sheets and tables and all sorts of numerical and alphanumerical data, as well as creating charts and inserting formulas, which turns out to be very useful for any kind of financial, statistical or engineering task. Its integration with Visual Basic for Applications also makes it very useful for anyone that wants to code small forms or applications with GUIs. And of course, its functions to organize and filter cells make it perfect to search for and compare different data.
View strings of data however it suits you the best.
Taking into account all the latter, nobody should be surprised that over the years it has become a standard, replacing other applications of the same nature, such as Lotus 1-2-3 or VisiCalc. That's why any computer equipped with Windows must have a version of Excel installed. Or if no the solution offered by Microsoft, at least an alternative found in other office suites, like Calc in LibreOffice or OpenOffice.
- Spreadsheet editor native to Microsoft Office.
- Create customized spreadsheets or import data from databases or other documents.
- Insert tables with numerical and alphanumerical values and apply formulas and maths equations to carry out calculations.
- Filter the values of the tables following different criteria and sort them however you want.
- Generate all kinds of charts to represent the values of the cells graphically: column, bar, dispersion, area, line or circle graphics.
- Code macros to automate tasks that you carry out repeatedly.
- Work collaboratively with several users editing the same file at once.
- Access all your spreadsheets from any device thanks to its synchronization with OneDrive.
- Compatible with plenty of different formats including .xls, .xml and .csv.
What does the 2016 version offer that previous editions didn't?
This version of Excel 2016 comes along to replace the edition included within the Office 2013 suite. Regarding this version, we can list the following updates:
- Up to 6 new types of charts that allow you to improve how you visually represent different data.
- Power Query function to carry out much more accurate and smarter queries within your spreadsheets.
- Improved collaborative work: possibility to share with just one click and see who's editing the document at any moment.
- New graphical interface design optimized for both keyboards and mouse devices, as well as touchscreens.
- Pencil notes to write down quick comments or even insert mathematical equations manually.
- The trial period lasts for 30 days.
- Runs on Windows 7 and above.
- You need to provide payment details to be able to try out the product.
Excel for Android
Work with all your spreadsheets