Excel for Android
What can we tell you about Excel that you don't already know? Belonging to the Microsoft Office suite, over the last years it has become the program par excellence to work with spreadsheets, handle large volumes of data, both text and numbers, create graphical representations and apply formulas to datasets. Therefore, nobody should be surprised that it has become one of the most emblematic tools of the pack of office applications, together with Word and PowerPoint.
You've probably already got it installed on your Windows PC, or any other desktop operating system that you usually use. But, where else can we use Microsoft Excel? Well, on almost any system and device because it's a universal program and has landed on all possible platforms, including mobiles thanks to its APK for Android smartphones and tablets, and its iOS version for iPhone and iPad.
The solution to how to open, read, edit and modify Excels on Android.
And the main idea behind the mobile version of Excel, specially the edition conceived for Google's operating system, is to be able to work with all sorts of spreadsheets on the fly while we're moving around, increasing our comfort and efficiency. You can continue from your phone the work that you've previously started on your PC or work on a document in real-time together with other members of your team, without worrying about deleting the edits made by others.
What is Microsoft Excel for and how to use it on Android?
If we had to say what this application is for in just a few words, the fairest thing to do would be to mention that it's one of the best mobile tools to open, view and edit (provided that they're not read-only) spreadsheets from a mobile device. If we were to deepen into the functions and features of this Excel, we'd have to mentioned that it allows you to:
- Access all the classic functions adapted to touchscreens.
- Use dozens of templates so as not to have to start off projects from scratch.
- Filter data, reorder columns and apply formulas.
- Carry out basic maths calculations by means of addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and power operators.
- View the data as tables or charts.
- Access all your XML and XLS files stored on the cloud.
- Share your spreadsheets by instant messaging or email.
- Save all your documents directly on OneDrive to be able to access them from wherever you are.
- Add other users to the spreadsheets to work collaboratively on the same file.
- View changes in real-time made by any other member on the spreadsheet.
Remember that downloading Excel for Android is free, but to access certain functions of the application you'll need to register with a Microsoft account. But before installing it from Google Play you should know that you'll need version 4.4 or above of the mobile operating system. Therefore, somewhat outdated handsets running Android 4.2.2 and similar editions won't be able to cope with this application. Luckily enough for the users of these phones, they can always resort to Sheets, Google's alternative to Excel included within the Docs suite and that can also be downloaded as a standalone application.
- Requires Android 4.4 or above.
- The version of the application and the space required depend on the device on which it's installed.
- The installation of the app by means of the APK file requires the activation of the "Unknown sources" option within Settings>Applications.
- Offers in-app purchases.
Microsoft Excel 2016
The spreadsheet program included in Office
Work with all your spreadsheets